Тема: Dalin Kennel
Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 08.01.2009, 01:17   #4
Tamaris вне форума
Tamaris
Профессор

Получено благодарностей: 133 в 59 постах

дальше написано, в частности, в какой кондиции были пудели с того питомника, которые были отданные до приюта

The Maryland rescuer, who asked not to be named, said the four dogs she received from the shelter Nov. 28 were all "skeletons, skin and bones" with feces and urine matted in their hair. One female dog lacked its lower jaw, she said.

"Her complete lack of a lower jaw is the most extreme case I've ever seen," she said. "She can't get food into her mouth. It's pathetic."

Two of the other dogs "were so filthy and so overgrown that I couldn't even see their eyeballs." She said it took hours to groom the dogs and "a couple of baths to get the stink out."

One of the poodles sent to Maryland and one sent to Fauquier have been adopted.

Carla Wenger of the Chance Foundation at Catlett received five of the dogs Dec. 2 from the second batch Kelly Liddington surrendered at the shelter. The hair of the dogs she received had been clipped "but their condition was really quite sad," she said.

"Most of them were missing most of their front teeth. I can't swear to it, but that's usually a sign of dogs chewing on their crates all day long because they've got nothing else to do," she said.

"They were also so severely emaciated that not only were their ribs poking out, but their their spines were sticking up. It's obvious that none of them have ever been on a leash, but they're sweet and want to be loved."